Looking for Bole relative in Koce, Slovenia

Replies: 18

Re: Looking for Bole relative in Koce, Slovenia

Wendy Bole Hankins (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2003 10:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bole, Zagar, Obreza, Skerl
Ron,

Thanks again! I printed out those addresses and phone numbers from the Slovenian phonebook; but I couldn't understand how to write them out on an envelope. Thanks also for the e-mail addresses. None of them seemed to match up with the people in the villages that I am looking at. I may try one of two e-mails just to see what happens. I'm sure the younger people there move to the cities for jobs also. I'm glad you found that for me; I would never be able to read it!

I am getting excited about contacting some distant relative. All of this was not possible before Slovenia became independent in 1991 and also before the internet. Most of my research was done before the internet; so now I am taking what I already now and trying to expound on it.

I went in to the Ellis Island site last night; and saw something I had not seen before. I have not brought up the larger version of the actual ship manifest before. It shows you where they were going once they got to the U.S. and had names and sometimes addresses. I saw that my grandmother was going to her uncle in WV. I knew that she first went to WV; and the uncle's last name was familiar although I would not have been able to spell it. She was also traveling with another young person with that last name; who must have been a cousin. So, more pieces to the puzzle are starting to fit together.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Wendy Bole Hankins 26 Jun 2003 6:59PM GMT 
Ron Pozin 26 Jun 2003 7:55PM GMT 
Wendy Bole Hankins 28 Jun 2003 12:12AM GMT 
Ron Pozin 28 Jun 2003 2:25AM GMT 
Wendy Bole Hankins 28 Jun 2003 2:38AM GMT 
Ron Pozin 28 Jun 2003 2:01PM GMT 
Wendy Bole Hankins 28 Jun 2003 4:27PM GMT 
Ron Pozin 28 Jun 2003 4:49PM GMT 
Wendy Bole Hankins 28 Jun 2003 6:27PM GMT 
mckeelgen 17 Nov 2006 7:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions