Search for content in message boards

Looking for Bole relative in Koce, Slovenia

Replies: 18

Re: Looking for Bole relative in Koce, Slovenia

Ron Pozin (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2003 8:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Wendy, I didn't include return postage but I included my phone number, home address and email address. Both replies to my letters were via email. When I visited Slovenia last year I was very surprised at the number of homes with computers. One reply was in Slovenian and the other in English. I did have one other reply in person. I sent my letters in two groups six months apart. When I sent the second group I already had plans to stay at a pension in Slovenia and included that address and dates of residence as well as my home/email address and phone number. An old man came at breakfast the third morning and said he was the relative of my great uncle and had one of my letters. I had to get one of my younger 3rd cousins to translate but it turned out the old man was my closest living relative on that side of the family. He knew we were related because I'd also sent copies of old family photos of my grandfather and two of his brothers. The old man recognized the photo of my great uncle. He had never known the rest of the family since most died before he was born and my grandfather was in America when he was born. When I replied to you the first time I had forgotten I sent the pictures. My letter package consisted of two papers with one page having my introductory letter on the front and family pictures on the back. The other page had my family tree chart on the front with my grandfather's Slovenian birth document on the back.
Good luck,
Ron
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Wendy Bole Hankins 26 Jun 2003 6:59PM GMT 
Ron Pozin 26 Jun 2003 7:55PM GMT 
Wendy Bole Hankins 28 Jun 2003 12:12AM GMT 
Ron Pozin 28 Jun 2003 2:25AM GMT 
Wendy Bole Hankins 28 Jun 2003 2:38AM GMT 
Ron Pozin 28 Jun 2003 2:01PM GMT 
Wendy Bole Hankins 28 Jun 2003 4:27PM GMT 
Ron Pozin 28 Jun 2003 4:49PM GMT 
Wendy Bole Hankins 28 Jun 2003 6:27PM GMT 
mckeelgen 17 Nov 2006 7:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions