Search for content in message boards

Looking for Bole relative in Koce, Slovenia

Replies: 18

Re: Looking for Bole relative in Koce, Slovenia

Posted: 28 Jun 2010 10:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looks like our families match. My husband and you share the same great grandparents. Our information says that your great grandmother's maiden name was Zupancic - but we didn't have her first name (Antonia). Mary Bole Penko (husband's grandmother) was born 04 Oct 1885 in Koce. I'd love to fill in info on Margaret Bole Kovacic. The other siblings I have for Margaret and Mary (all born in Koce) are: Ursula, Antonia, Frank and Matt.

Some other info on Mary:
Ellis Island record: She arrived in New York in 1912 from Havre on the ship Louisiane at age 26. At the time, Koce was Austrian. Final destination was Unity Station, PA. Her father was listed as Anton Bole and it appears that she traveled with a niece (14 years old), Maria Fatur also from Koce, Austria/Slovenia.

From Mary "Mimi" Fatur Polh's obituary: She was born March 25, 1898, in St. Paulo, Brazil. Her parents were Yerji and Ursula Bole Fatur. She was raised in Slovenia. She came to the US in 1912. She married John Polh and was known as "Mimi". She raised a cousin, Frank Bole, from the time he was 5 years old. She had three brothers: Anthony, John and Charles Fatur. She had two sisters: Mrs. Frances Santel and Mrs. Josephine Bebar. Her children and grandchildren are mentioned. She died Dec. 22, 1997 in Export, Pennsylvania.

The relationship (aunt/niece) between Mary Bole and Mimi Fatur may have been that Mary's mother and Mimi's mother were siblings (along with your Margaret). Pauline Penko McKeel (my husband's mother) remembers that her mother, Mary, said the family lived in Brazil at one time. John Penko (Pauline's brother) says the Boles went there to work on the banana plantations. Know anything about all this???
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
isuzu97 17 Nov 2006 10:58PM GMT 
amyannegray 28 Jun 2010 3:31AM GMT 
mckeelgen 28 Jun 2010 4:21PM GMT 
amyannegray 28 Jun 2010 5:56PM GMT 
tjensen1469 21 Feb 2011 12:33AM GMT 
Linda McKeel 18 Nov 2006 12:40AM GMT 
mkraish 14 Apr 2007 6:27AM GMT 
Contribution 2 Dec 2012 3:36PM GMT 
linnegravesto... 3 Dec 2012 7:18AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions