Search for content in message boards

Looking for Bole relative in Koce, Slovenia

Replies: 18

Re: Looking for Bole relative in Koce, Slovenia

Ron Pozin (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 2003 1:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
>There are several Bole's and Zagar's in the Slovenian >phonebook; but since I do not speak the language; I do not >know how to contact them. I have the Bole genealogy going >way back from the Priest in Koce.

I'd suggest writing to the addresses from the Slovenian phonebook. Write in English, even if the old folks can't read it there will be younger family members who can. Include your genealogy (with house numbers or house names if known) starting with you back through the family from that area. Include aunts, uncles or cousins from the genealogy if you have them since they may not know your main line of ancestors but could recognize a related branch. This also tells them who you are in relation to their family even if they can't read the letter. I did this and one of the recipients was the gggranddaughter of my grandfather's godmother in 1892. She was intrigued to see her ancestor's name and the family house name in an unknown person's family tree and we made contact. She knew everyone else and we're invited for another visit next year. Don't be discouraged if you don't get a lot of replies. I sent out 26 letters and got 2 replies but both were right on target. I found out that many of the other letters went to close family members and they all talked together about these strange letters they'd received but didn't respond to me. They let the curious family member respond for all.
Ron
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Wendy Bole Hankins 26 Jun 2003 6:59PM GMT 
Ron Pozin 26 Jun 2003 7:55PM GMT 
Wendy Bole Hankins 28 Jun 2003 12:12AM GMT 
Ron Pozin 28 Jun 2003 2:25AM GMT 
Wendy Bole Hankins 28 Jun 2003 2:38AM GMT 
Ron Pozin 28 Jun 2003 2:01PM GMT 
Wendy Bole Hankins 28 Jun 2003 4:27PM GMT 
Ron Pozin 28 Jun 2003 4:49PM GMT 
Wendy Bole Hankins 28 Jun 2003 6:27PM GMT 
mckeelgen 17 Nov 2006 7:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions