Search for content in message boards

seeking relatives

Replies: 6

Marija Pucelj from Dolenja vas

Posted: 3 Mar 2001 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Jun 2002 6:59PM GMT
Surnames: Pucelj, Putzel, Knaus, Gor?e, Gorse
I have received more accurate and extensive information on my family from the area of Dolenja vas and Ribnica. My great-grandmother, Marija Pucelj, was actually born on January 25, 1844 [not Jan. 2, 1844 as first reported]. She first married a Tomaz Knaus, but I do not have the date and would like to have it and the location. She bore him a daughter, Mary/Marija (b. Apr. 27, 1873), and a son, John/Janez (b. Dec. 31, 1873). With these two birth dates only eight (8) months apart, I would like to double-check them against actual birth records from the Ribnica area.

Tomaz Knaus died fairly young and I would like to know exactly when and from what cause. Marija Pucelj Knaus remarried my great-grandfather, Anton Gorše (b. Jul. 10, 1846), but I do not know anything about his family. He also died in Slovenia around the end of the 19th century, but I do not know when, where or from what cause. I would love to be able to take this research back at least one more generation. They had three children:
a daughter, FRANC'IS'KA (b. Dec. 4, 1879),
another daughter, JOHANA (b. Jul. 17 1881),
and a son, [my grandfather] FRANC'IS'EK (or FRANC, b. Sep. 11 1886), who received the second sacrament in 1899.

They lived in Dolenja Vas 48. The 'home name' of the
house was PRI MAJERCI or S'OBARJEVI. Perhaps the
people that lived in that house, before the surname
Gors'e came in the house had the name(s) Majer or/and
S'obar.

I am hoping that this much more complete information will allow someone to help me take my research back even further. I am still interested in connecting with other branches of the Pucelj, Knaus and Gorše families that may still survive in Slovenia. I am fairly clear that Marija Pucelj had at least two brothers who became priests and quite possibly another one who had a family of his own. I do not know whether Tomaz Knaus or Anton Gorše had any siblings, but it would seem very unlikely if they did not.

Thank you to anyone who is able to further my research.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Frances Sellars 10 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Patricia Sink 1 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT 
gorsha1 18 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
gorsha1 3 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Jo Johns 7 Oct 2002 8:45PM GMT 
Contribution 18 Feb 2013 5:30PM GMT 
hermank_1 30 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic