Search for content in message boards

Calling all Papez / Papesh / Popish families

Replies: 22

Re: Calling all Papez / Papesh / Popish families

Posted: 15 Jun 2013 9:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Jun 2013 11:20PM GMT
Surnames: HOCEVAR
The concise answer is NO! It was published as a paperback by COWLING along with several similar compilations by him. All are in the Lake County Library, in Leadville, CO and in the Denver Public Library. It may also be in other Colorado libraries, but I did not encounter it in a circa 1994 visit to the Pueblo libraries. I am told copies were given to some Leadville families so they might be found in used book stores. Anecdotal lore said the genealogical research they did may have been undertaken to aid in the research of the effects of mining contaminants on the residents of Leadville. The foreword by COWLING makes no mention of that but comments that responses to Marie SCHLAMANN's request for information were very good. He discusses the fallibility of these and public record resources. There is also the notation, "additions and corrections for this booklet will appear in volume XVI of Colorado Genealogical Etcetera. which will be printed in 1992". I spoke with Cowling in the late 90's and he said he was working on a publication dealing with the many variants of the Slovenian surname HOCEVAR. Never followed up on that. I have expounded on this in the hopes that others might offer information.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
neiljnelson 15 Jun 2013 4:03AM GMT 
WJMeglen 16 Jun 2013 3:12AM GMT 
memrylane 11 Apr 2013 11:29PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions