Search for content in message boards

Surname--Drozdak, Drosdak

Replies: 32

Re: Surname--Drozdak, Drosdak

Posted: 25 Jun 2012 10:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you for responding.

In researching my grandfather MICHAEL TYAHLA/TAHLA on ancestry.com, I came upon the obituary of your nana (ANNA TAHLA DROZDAK). I was intrigued to read that she was "born in Passaic NJ...a daughter of the late Michael and Mary Tahla." That Michael I believe is my grandfather. Mary would be his second wife, my grandmother HERMINA BLASKO being his first (they were married 1 May 1904).

Interestingly, the obituary says Anna was "a daughter" of Michael and Mary. You say Anna did not have any known siblings. I wonder if I'm bringing you solid news that she did, in the form of my father (George, born 1905 Passaic NJ) and his sister (my aunt Frances, born 1913)--the children of Michael and his first wife (my grandmother Hermina).

Please relay any details you may know about your nana (Anna) and her mother (Mary--do you know her maiden name, when/where she was married, her death date?), and please don't hesitate to ask me questions!

Many thanks,
jt

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jtpeck15 25 Jun 2012 3:35PM GMT 
rtyahla867 12 May 2013 6:48AM GMT 
jtpeck15 25 Jun 2012 4:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions