Search for content in message boards

Postcard translation

Replies: 4

Re: Postcard translation

Posted: 14 Sep 2012 11:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Sep 2012 11:50AM GMT

Dear Fani and also our godmother
I'm sending you greetings and kisses. Dear Fani I'm very pleased that you let me go with your brother (I'm guessing what she meaned, I don't even understand it in Slovenian) on public feast but I'm telling you ...(illegible) ... on shroud Sunday is another one at Polc's and I won't be there neither. I'm telling you, dear Fani, you should thank god that you are over there, my Fany, I would rather be over there too ...(illegible) ... One is not allowed to have a little fun here.

On the right side of the church:

It's still like that here, Fani, tongues. Write me if you heard anything about our people, which are the nearest to you. We cleaned all beans at Juhanc and ... (illegible) ... evening two soldiers came. They have shooting practices around here these days and they are sleeping at ... (illegible). We were all very ... (illegible). Today Tone should come home ... (illegible) and he didn' have furlough yet and it suppose ... (the rest of text on the right side of the church is illegible)

Left side:

Fani, please, if that is possible organize for me something to go over there. I'm asking you that ... (mostly illegible, but she's whinning about malicous people she's »forced« to live with and they don't let her have any fun).

Below:

Receive lovely greetings to America, always thinking on you Anca, Tonka sends greetings too. Goodbye, Fani
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
xzyoe 12 Sep 2012 7:41PM GMT 
xzyoe 12 Sep 2012 7:42PM GMT 
uskalicky 14 Sep 2012 5:30PM GMT 
uskalicky 14 Sep 2012 1:29PM GMT 
xzyoe 14 Sep 2012 5:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic