Search for content in message boards

Slovakian Immigrants in New York- Dicz/Dics/Dietz

Replies: 1

Slovakian Immigrants in New York- Dicz/Dics/Dietz

Posted: 24 Sep 2013 11:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Sep 2013 11:52AM GMT
Surnames: Ditz, Dics, Dicz, Dietz
I am looking into finding my Great Grandmother's side of the family. I do not know a lot. I know she was from Jarabina and came over in 1906 under the name Maria Dicz. She was born around 1890. She had sisters and I have been told by my Grandmother and Aunts that they might have been named Theresa, Anna, and Matrona, and that she might have had a brother named Michael. I do not know the names of her parents. I know the sister's resided in New York for most if not all of the time they were in America. We recently found photographs of one of her sister's and her two daughters. One named Mary and the other named Julia. There is also a photo of a baby named Mary Beth Tucker who I assume is either Julia's or Mary's. On the back of the photograph they have their last name listed as Dics which leads me to believe my grandmother's sister may have been widowed. I have matched the older woman in the photo to be in my Great Grandparent's wedding photo from 1907 as well. I am looking for any information on these people that I can find in hopes of finding more about my Great Grandmother. I know my Great Grandmother's children took her back to visit in the 1940's or 50's, but according to my Grandmother no one has kept in touch. Any information that might be helpful would be much appreciated. I think I found this older woman in New York and her Children in a 1930's cencus under Tessie Dics. I know they always pronounced their last name Dietz, but never spelled it that way.
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
littlelenaflo 24 Sep 2013 5:49PM GMT 
incitatus 24 Sep 2013 6:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions