Search for content in message boards

Kurvach / Korwacz Family

Replies: 3

Re: Kurvach / Korwacz Family

Posted: 9 Oct 2013 7:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
I don't know if you are still researching your family or not but thought I would try to connect with you.....
I have been doing some research on my family and a relative married a Korwacz a few generations back. I found that your great grandfather, Peter Kurvach, came from the same village as my grandparents! That village is Sieniawa (spelled Syniawa when they were born). It is in the Lemko region of Galicia, near Rymanow and Sanok, Poland. My sister and I visited there two years ago to see where our family began. I also found that your grandfather, Peter, came into the port of Philadelphia, PA on Nov. 15, 1913. I also located his naturalization papers on Ancestry, which is how I found out the village he came from. My grandparents names were Mike Sudomir and Ewa Sudomir (my mother's parents) and Mike's parents were Hryc Sudomir and Anastasia Mytryk (my great grandparents). It was one of Anastasia's sisters that married a Korwacz. I hope this helps fill some holes for you and look forward to hearing from you. Veronica
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dave Kurvach 9 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT 
VBOREM 9 Oct 2013 1:39PM GMT 
Judy Weiszer-... 4 Jan 2014 1:11AM GMT 
davidkurvach1 8 Apr 2014 9:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic