Kurvach / Korwacz Family

Replies: 3

Kurvach / Korwacz Family

Dave Kurvach (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kurvach, Korwacz
Subject: Kurvach / Korwacz Family

I am currently trying to reserch my family back into the Ukraine. My great grandfather, Peter Kurvach was born in Ukraine in 1895 and came to america sometime before the first world war. His brother was William Kurvach, and he moved to Canada, and died there in the mid-seventies. He had a wife and a daughter he left behind, hoping that they would be able to make it over, but they wouldn't. The daughter was, and maybe still is an engineer in Moscow. Peter met and married Katherine Mansnick also of the Ukraine in Ford City, Pennsylvania, a "gathering place" for Ukrainian people. They had three daughters and one son, who all but one are still living, and yet, know nothing. The only things I know is that the Kurvach name may have been spelled "Korwacz" or perhaps a combination of "Kurvach" and "Korwacz"; Peter and William's father may have been named Alexander; and the family may have lived in an area called "East Galicia." Peter, as far as I know was a member of the Eastern Orthodox church. ***ANY informaion*** would be most appreciated. Please, feel free to e-mail me at NMEagent@aol.com .

Dave Kurvach
Newburgh, IN
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dave Kurvach 9 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT 
VBOREM 9 Oct 2013 1:39PM GMT 
Judy Weiszer-... 4 Jan 2014 1:11AM GMT 
davidkurvach1 8 Apr 2014 9:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions