Search for content in message boards

PAVLOVIC / PAWLOWYCH / PAULOVIC from Cuciurul Mare near Czernowitz

Replies: 2

PAVLOVIC / PAWLOWYCH / PAULOVIC from Cuciurul Mare near Czernowitz

Posted: 25 Oct 2013 5:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Oct 2013 5:33PM GMT
I am seeking any information available about my paternal grandmother's ancestors from Cuciurul Mare (aka Kuczurmare), a village just southwest of Czernowitz.

My grandmother, Waselena, born 1907 or '08 (nee PAVLOVIC / PAWLOWYCH / PAULOVIC) and her family lived in the village of Cuciurul Mare. She married Dmytrie "Dan" BRESCIUC / BRESCHUK ca 1924 and emigrated from this home village to Kirkland Lake, Ontario, Canada in 1934 to join Dan who emigrated several years prior to her.

I know little about her family in Cuciurul Mare. The following is all I have been able to come up with (none of her children remain alive to add to what I know):

Waselena's parents: Alexander & Varvara/Barbara (nee ???) PAVLOVIC (or its variant spellings)

Waslena's siblings: Frozyna "Rose" (m. Nick ADOMKO) -- b. ca 1895, emigrated to Canada
before 1913; lived in Fort William/Thunder Bay, Ont.; d. 1962.

Domka -- m. ???; did not emigrate; was alive in 1974

Likeria -- m. ???; did not emigrate; was alive in 1974

there may be other sibs I don't know of

Following Wasalena's husband Dan's accidental death in Port Arthur, Ontario in 1937, she lived in a common-law relationship in Kirkland Lake, Ontario with a man by the name of Gheorghe "George" ZAZULA / ZAZULEA / ZAZULJA from approx. 1938 until his death in Windsor, Ontario in 1968 where they had relocated to in 1942. George was already married to a woman named Maria in Vilaucea, Romania (now Vilyavche, Ukraine) who elected not to join him to live in Canada and so he was unable to legally marry Waselena. Waselena married a second time in December of 1969 to a Windsor, Ontario widower named Alexander BERBENCHUK. He died Feb. 4, 1972. Waselena died in Windsor, Ontario in 1980.

Waselena had 3 children. Her son, Leon, and daughter, Veronica "Vera", were fathered by Dan BRESCHUK, and my father, Mercea "Emil", by a Cuciurul Mare or Czernowitz man whose name remains a mystery (any information about that is sought after, as well).

Hopefully this information will link Waselena to the correct Cucuirul Mare PAVLOVIC family and possibly any descendants who could assist me in identifying the people in the many old photos I now possess that were once my grandmother's.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Vicki

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BresPet 25 Oct 2013 11:32PM GMT 
rwf_TO 26 Oct 2013 1:36AM GMT 
BresPet 26 Oct 2013 1:07PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic