Search for content in message boards

Tymko and Fedor Skirczak (Skirczok)

Replies: 3

Tymko and Fedor Skirczak (Skirczok)

Terri (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2002 7:55AM GMT
I am hoping that someone recognizes these two names and can help me find out more information about siblings to these brothers. My Grandfather was Tymko Skirczak (Skerczak). He arrived at Ellis Island on 27 Feb. 1912 on the SS Amerika at the age of 24 yrs. He was born 2 Feb. 1887 He came from the village of Wislok in Austria. His parents were Wasyli Skirczak and Maria Fatat. His father's parents were Josephi Skirczak and Eva Cenajka. My grandfather settled in Allegheny County, PA, living at different times in Moon Run, McKees Rocks, and finally Pittsburgh. His younger brother Fedor (Frank) came through Ellis Island 11 June 1913 on the SS Brandenberg at the age of 17. He came to see his brother Tymko, my grandfather. He did not stay in the US but returned to ???? I am guessing his home which was also Wislok, Galicia, Austria. I know Tymko and Fedor had at least one other sister. I do not know her name but she had a son named Jan Skirczak(Skerczak/Skirczok) who lived in Czechoslavakia in the 1950's. He would be 70 yrs. old or a little younger. My main questions are: What was the sister's name? Were there any other siblings? Where are Uncle Fedor's (Frank's) children? My grandfather died in 1965. My mother has letters that he received from women who she believes were Fedor's children or grandchildren. They are as follows: Maria Ostap=Poland; Irena Ostap=Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; Maria Microcmik=Utica, NY = letter was to my Uncle Peter (Ben) Skerzak written in 1993; and Anna Wanca=Poland, letter written 1989. Thank you very much. Please email me at: lindseyluisa@yahoo.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Terri 22 May 2002 1:55PM GMT 
mighthelp 25 May 2002 9:35AM GMT 
Melnyk_Dianne 27 Nov 2012 7:24AM GMT 
Melnyk_Dianne 24 Mar 2013 8:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic