Search for content in message boards

SE POLAND-KROSNO DIST-CHREWT VILLAGE

Replies: 3

SE POLAND-KROSNO DIST-CHREWT VILLAGE

debra ryan (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 1998 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KSIONZHYK, SHCHAPOVA

i am searching for my mother's family (mother, father & brother) who she lost contact with during the war. She was taken from her home(in 1942) in the village of Chrewt (close to Polana, nearest city is Sanok) when she was 15 and sent to a work camp in Germany. when the war was over, she was told that all her family had been moved and that if she chose to go "home" she would actually be sent to siberia. She chose to come to Canada instead. She has never been able to find out what happened to her parents or younger brother. She has tried twice through the red cross without any success. apparently they (all ukranians) were relocated from that area in 1945-1951. i am trying to locate where they were relocated to. also i have been told that her brother was married to a woman named eva shchapova who i am trying to locate. i have written to the archives in przemysl, with no answer yet. i would like to hear from anyone who has researched this area in the 1942 to 1952 time frame or who may know of specific places people were sent.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
debra ryan 20 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Kusse08 17 Nov 2012 11:42PM GMT 
Mighthelp 18 Nov 2012 3:15AM GMT 
oksanka_kovbo... 3 Feb 2013 2:26AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic