Search for content in message boards

searching for ancestors

Replies: 6

Re: We are related!!!

Posted: 19 Jan 2013 6:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Jan 2013 4:29PM GMT
Brekhunyk/Brechunik (Брехуник in Ukrainian) can be documented as living in Dudentsi since 1787.

Dwdinicze 1372-1378, Dudenycze - 1436, Dudenyecz - 1448, Dudence - 1678 > called LEMKIVSCHYNA by the Ruthenians/Ukrainians > SE POLAND today.
http://mapa.targeo.pl/Dudynce/miasta

In 1944 most of the Ruthenian/Ukrainian population was forcefully repatriated to Slobodka**, Ukraine. By 1949 Dudentsi was resettled w/Poles from Nowy Targ.

**There are 16 same-name places, mostly in the Ternopilska and Ivano-Frankivska oblasts/regions of Ukraine.
=============================
Dudynce [Ru] Szybistow [Polish]

Sanok District, present day SE Poland

Lemko Surnames found in 1787 Austrian Cadastral Records

Brechunik / Brekhunyk (2 families)
Warchola / Varkhola
Wasylenko / Vasylenko
Kotlarz / Kotljar
Maczurzak / Machurak (2 families)
Miedziuch / Medjukh (2 families)
Pyrkan / Pyrkan'
Pospolitak / Pospolytak
Przysztasz / Prystash
Senko
Strus
Suszko / Sushko
Fornal / Fornal'
Jurczyk / Jurchyk

Parish Data:

The church was "Synaxis of the Blessed Virgin Mary" [1802] [destroyed]

Village was a filial parish to the one located in PEL"NA 2km away.

The wooden church erected in 1802 was renovated in 1924. The village was an independant parish until 1818

In 1785 the village lands comprised 4.29 sq. km. There were 191 Greek Catholics 20 Roman Catholics and 5 Jews

1840 - 240 Greek Catholics

1859 - 295 Greek Catholics

1879 - 406 Greek Catholics

1899 - 514 Greek Catholics

1926 - 568 Greek Catholics

1936 - 582 Greek Catholics

The village was incorporated into the Lemko Apostolic Administration in 1934

The villages of ANDRUSHKIVCI (3km), MARKIVCI (4km) , PYSARIVCI (3km) and POBIDNO (4km) were served by the priest

In Pobidno there was a Greek Catholic parish (Exaltation of the Holy Cross). When the priest died (Fr. Skobel's'kyj) in 1800 the village became a filial parish of Volycja and then Dudynci and in 1918 Pel'na. In 1830 the church burned down and people changed to the Latin Rite. The people in Pysarivci had already changed to the LAtin Rite by 1785. Those in Andrushkivci also changed to the Latin Rite in 1921 in order to be able to buy the land when it was divided and sold by the owner.

LDS microfilm is not available

http://lemko.org/

=======================
=======================
=======================
Internet club for Dudynce descendants:
http://marek43300.tripod.com/dudynce/
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
debbie brehun 29 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT 
carol Wagner 25 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Debbie Brehun 26 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Carol Wagner 27 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Paul Brechun 2 Jan 2004 7:52PM GMT 
Michael Brech... 19 Jan 2013 9:17AM GMT 
Mighthelp 20 Jan 2013 1:12AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic