Search for content in message boards

Nowoszyn-Weldzirz-Shevchenkove

Replies: 5

Nowoszyn-Weldzirz-Shevchenkove

Posted: 1 Mar 2012 11:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brikca, Brycka, Bryecka, Briskey, Brieskey, Brecka, Kuchar, Gerber Blaser
Can someone help me understand where the town of Nowoszyn is/was? The whole topic of Galicia, Ukraine, Poland, Russia regions; and the Carpatho-Rusyn peoples both invigorating & interesting, but also exhausting. I am researching a family, three sisters, who came from Nowoszyn (spelled exactly that way on the documents), and in addition one document said Weldzirz, which from what I read, Nowoszyn was absorbed into Weldzirz. Also, one of the sisters naturalization papers said "Nowoszyn, Poland-Austria". If my research is correct, Weldzirz is now Shevchenkove? Is that correct? Can anyone tell me about this town, where it is, what country is it considered currently? The sisters also identified themselves as Ruthenian. One distant relative said family who immigrated to the US described living in the foothills, was that the foothills of the Carpathian mountains perhaps? Any and all information you can shed on this town I would greatly appreciate. The family in question has the surname pronounced "Britz-kee", but has been spelled on documents Brikca, Brycka, Bryecka, Briskey, Brieskey, Brecka, etc., and another family surname is Kuchar. The mother of the three sisters may have had the last name(s) of Gerber-Blaser, which was written on one immigration record.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cdiwankmuelle... 1 Mar 2012 6:51PM GMT 
monikamotak 3 Mar 2012 2:17AM GMT 
lorsyl2 3 Mar 2012 4:36AM GMT 
cdiwankmuelle... 8 Mar 2012 12:35AM GMT 
lorsyl2 8 Mar 2012 5:34AM GMT 
ehm278 21 Apr 2013 3:50AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic