Search for content in message boards

HELP!!!

Replies: 20
Posted: 6 Feb 2013 5:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for help in researching my grandmothers roots. According to my mother her mother Stella Dupuis would never speak of her family or past.She would get very upset when anyone asked her any questions. We know very little about my grandmother and believe she was not truthful with what we do know. The name she went by was Stella Lennick. We have her baptism cert but its very difficult to read and where her family name is it is not ledgible. It states she was born OCt 6 1908 in KROWINKA and wasn't baptised till NOv.19 1924. She came to Canada shortly after that. She had an aunt in Manitoba who sponsored her and her sister. There was a falling out of some sort and she left manitoba and moved to Armstrong Ontario where she met my grandfather william dupuis. There were married in Manitoba in March of 1929. On her marriage registration it states father Micheal occupation unknown and mother Mary ? no family name. I had the Canadian 1940's census searched for her in hopes of finding out more information but the search came up empty, they could not locate her. So I know she was from poland/ukraine, Lennick does not seem like a name from the region, possibly something was transcribed wrong while registering on the boat ?? I have sent an email to the Ukraine Archives in Ukraine but have not heard anything back. My next thought is to request her naturalization papers but I would assume she wasn't honest or just didn't know when filling them out. If anyone could please help me in anyway I would really apprechiate it. My mother is in her 70's and I would really like for her to know more on her heritage. I have attached a copy of her baptism cert if that helps in any way.
Thank you
Suzanne
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
daiseysue03 7 Feb 2013 12:14AM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 7 Feb 2013 1:04AM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 7 Feb 2013 1:17AM GMT 
daiseysue03 7 Feb 2013 2:38PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 7 Feb 2013 2:49PM GMT 
daiseysue03 7 Feb 2013 4:28PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 7 Feb 2013 4:45PM GMT 
JerryFrank59 7 Feb 2013 3:28PM GMT 
daiseysue03 7 Feb 2013 4:27PM GMT