Search for content in message boards

Looking for Eremenko

Replies: 5

Looking for Eremenko

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 10:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Eremenko
My great grandmothers name was Antonina Eremenko, she was born in Nekrasovo, Ukraine in 1923 to Zachary and Maria Eremenko. The family was separated during the German occupation of Ukraine, to my knowledge she also had a brother but unfortunately I don't know his name, she was chosen as an "Ostarbeiter" and sent to Germany at the age of 18 to work as a maid and look after the children of a German officer at his home, where she met my great grandfather, Jozef Szybkowski, a former Polish military POW that had been assigned as a foreman of some sort on the farm. After the war, my great grandfather tracked down his surviving family in Poland, but after a long time of searching my great grandmother never found hers, she didn't know where to look and assumed they must have all perished at the hands of the Germans. They left Germany in 1949 I believe, came here to Australia along with their infant children. Sadly both died before I was born, I never had the chance to ask them anything, all that's left are a few pictures, my great grandfathers pipe and hazy story's from other relatives. If anybody could help me, or if you think you may be related, I'd really appreciate your contact.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Kody Everitt 28 Mar 2013 4:15AM GMT 
Mighthelp 28 Mar 2013 4:40PM GMT 
Kody Everitt 29 Mar 2013 3:00AM GMT 
Mighthelp 29 Mar 2013 11:36AM GMT 
Kody Everitt 29 Mar 2013 11:26PM GMT 
Kody Everitt 1 Apr 2013 2:30PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions