Search for content in message boards

Trying to find the exact birthplace of my GGrandmother

Replies: 15

Trying to find the exact birthplace of my GGrandmother

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 6:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Apr 2013 7:04PM GMT
Surnames: Yeremenko, Szybkowski
Hi everybody, I'm trying to find the exact birthplace of my Great Grandmother, Antonina Yeremenko. I have recently obtained 40+ of her migrant selection documents (I'll attach to most important ones) but I'm still having trouble discovering where exactly she lived and what was the fate of her family. I don't expect anybody to scour through every inch of these documents but they are just being added as a reference if you're willing to take a look. The documents also include my Great Grandfather Jozef Szybkowski, whom I am also researching, but he was Polish and I guess it's for another board. Firstly, my great grandmother was born in a place called Nekrasovo (Polesie?) on 7th of Januray 1923 to Zachary Yeremenko and Maria Bombushka(?), she worked as a cook at the canteen in this town for many years. In 1943 she was deported to Germany as a Domestic worker and spent the rest of the war working for a guy named Heutman, after the war she spent time in various DP camps before departing to Australia on July 16th 1953 at Bremerhaven. Her files say she was fluent in polish but knew only a little Russian, meaning she was not born in Russia as we once thought, although it actually states she was Russian on various sources. Which leads me to believe she must have been born in Ukraine. She once stated that there was a large Jewish community in her town and that her father was the head of a few Jewish institutions, if that might pin down an area. It also states that she would not return to her home after the war due to "Political reasons, former home USSR territory". They were held in the British zone after the war. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

(On the documents, my Great Grandfather is i and Great grandmother is ii)
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Kody Everitt 14 Apr 2013 12:33AM GMT 
Mighthelp 14 Apr 2013 3:09PM GMT 
Mighthelp 14 Apr 2013 4:52PM GMT 
Kody Everitt 15 Apr 2013 5:59AM GMT 
Mighthelp 17 Apr 2013 7:01PM GMT 
Kody Everitt 18 Apr 2013 7:50AM GMT 
Mighthelp 18 Apr 2013 12:42PM GMT 
Kody Everitt 18 Apr 2013 1:22PM GMT 
Mighthelp 18 Apr 2013 1:33PM GMT 
Kody Everitt 18 Apr 2013 11:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions