Search for content in message boards

Ukrainian Translation Help

Replies: 4

Ukrainian Translation Help

Posted: 5 Dec 2013 1:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Horbatschiw, Gorbachev
Hey,

I have a letter in Ukrainian from my wife's great-grandmother [Lydia Horbacziw] to her son [Dmitry Horbacziw - my wife's grandfather] and some photos of a banner from her funeral. I've had a friend translate the letter but there are some key bits of info which he wasn't able to translate and wondering if I could get any help to piece those last bits together.

The following is the translation we have:
"My darling son, my pride and my joy, Dmitri! There is not much to write, I am dying. I have cancer. In 1945 I had a surgery where they cut out my right breast. Now I have metastasis. Nobody wants to treat metastasis. ( Hard to read here but something about her being in a lot of pain and suffering).
You are not around and I am dying in awful pain. Ira is not leaving my side. Good bye my darling son, goodbye. Wishing you happiness. Your mom. Giving you Ira’s address (hard to read here again). Kisses. "

Ira is, I think, Dmitry's sister whom we know about called Irina. To have Irina's address, even if its 50 years old, would be so helpful in tracing them.

There are also a couple of banners from her funeral attached. I believe they contain her name and somebody who had a cursory look at them believes they something about a school, which would make sense as we know her to be a lecturer or teacher. Can anybody let me know if they have specific reference to a particular school?

Thanks SO much
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rickwarner88 5 Dec 2013 8:07PM GMT 
Mighthelp 5 Dec 2013 8:16PM GMT 
rickwarner88 5 Dec 2013 8:18PM GMT 
Mighthelp 6 Dec 2013 12:20AM GMT 
rickwarner88 6 Dec 2013 12:33AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions