Hello cdiwankmueller1 ,
Metrical books (Greek Catholic church registers of births, marriages and deaths) exist for the ancestral villages identified in your inquiry. The metrical books are available on microfilm from the Family History Centre of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (LDS). The microfilms are available for viewing at a nominal rental – about $8.00 per reel for a 90-day loan period, or $16.00 per reel for an indefinite loan period. The following village names represent the English transliteration of the names as they exist in present-day Ukraine.
1. Lyshchyny (your reference to Lyascsin, Galicia and Leszczun, Poland): https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/1453139
2. Novi Strilyshcha (your reference to Strzeliska Nowe): https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/1454024
3. Kniselo (your reference to Kniesolo Austria, Poland): https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/1111513
4. Orishkivtsi (your reference to Orpzkowice, Austria): https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/1453140
. Also see: https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/1542988
5. Bibrka (your reference to Bobinka(?), Austria now Poland): Greek Catholic - https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/1413594
, and Roman Catholic - https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/261132
To order the microfilms, follow the procedures below:
1. To locate a Family History Centre nearest you, visit: https://www.familysearch.org/locations
2. Telephone your centre to inquire about ordering the microfilms. Some locations will let you place an order by phone or by visit, while other locations will ask you to order online. Also, ask your centre if you a need a USB drive or a digital camera to obtain copies of the microfilm images.
3. If you are ordering online, you must first register for a Family Search account at: https://ident.familysearch.org/cis-web/pages/registration/re...
. Then, place your order online at: https://familysearch.org/films/
4. When your order has been delivered, your local centre will contact you. When you visit the centre to view the microfilms, bring a USB drive or digital camera with you so that you can get copies of the images. The centre will hold the microfilms until your loan period expires.
I highly recommend that you visit the following website: http://halgal.com/vitalrecords.html
. It's a "must read" for those embarking upon ancestral research in Galicia (Halychyna). Please also consider joining us at http://www.ukraine.com/forums/genealogy
if you have any questions about your Galician heritage or need assistance or support with your research. You'll discover a very helpful and knowledgeable group of people in that forum.
If you would prefer to engage the services of a researcher, I can refer you to a few highly qualified gentlemen who have an excellent reputation and quickly deliver results at a very reasonable cost. They can also visit your ancestral villages to locate and put you in touch with distant relatives, take photos and/or video, facilitate web cam meetings, translations, etc. These researchers are based in Ukraine but are very skilled in English. Let me know if you wish to pursue this option.
Wishing you success in your ancestral search!