Search for content in message boards

HELP Needed - Information/Lookups - Advice-- LABJACK/LABIAK, NAWROCKI

Replies: 3

HELP Needed - Information/Lookups - Advice-- LABJACK/LABIAK, NAWROCKI

Posted: 23 Apr 2014 5:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LABJACK, LABIAK, NAWROCKI
Hi everyone, I am trying to find information on the following three people, my husband's great-grandparents and a mystery relative. I was very lucky to find a copy of their marriage certificate in Bayonne, NJ at the NJ State Archive, which stated the towns they were from.

Xenia (Zenia/Ksenia/Jennie) LABJACK/LABIAK, born 7/20/1883. Arrived in US in February 1905 age 22, ship manifest states her nationality is Austria Galicia, and her race is Ruthenian, last residence was Strzeliska Nowe. 1908 she married Theodore Nawrocki, in Bayonne, NJ. Marriage certificate states she was from Kniesolo Galicia; her father is John Labjack, and her mother is Marie Mala?????k. I cannot find them on the 1910 census, she is mentioned on her husband's WWI registration card-they were still in Bayonne. 1920 census - birthplace Galicia, language spoken "Ruth OL", Father and mother born in Galicia, father and mother spoke Russian. 1939 Petition For Naturalization, says she was born in Kniesolo Austria, Poland and says her race is Polish. 1940 census, birthplace Poland.

Theodore/Fedor/Feodor ("Frank" or "Theo" or "Ted") NAWROCKI, born 3/16/1885. To date I cannot locate his arrival manifest to the US but he arrived around 1905. Married Xenia Labiak/Labjack in 1908, Bayonne, NJ. On the marriage certificate his last name is spelled NAVROCZKY, states his birthplace is Lyascsin, Galicia. I cannot decipher his mother and father's names. I cannot locate him on the 1910 census. 1920 census - birthplace Galicia, language spoken "Ruth OL", Father and mother born in Galicia, father and mother spoke Russian. In 1925, he filed for a Petition For Naturalization, says he was born in Bobinka(?), Austria now Poland. on wife's Petition for Naturalization dated 1939, she states that her husband is born in Leszczun, Poland. 1940 census, he states his birthplace Poland.

Fanny (Fewrona/Feinona/Feinone/Fiona?) LABJACK and/or NAWROCKI, married name TERESKO. I do not know for sure the relationship of this woman to Xenia and Theodore. Xenia has her listed as her first child on her petition for naturalization. Fanny is a witness to both Theodore and Xenia's Petitions. She lived very close to them in the same town on Long Island. I found Fanny's immigration records to the US 1911; on the ship manifest, she is 6yrs old traveling w Mikolay Zadurski, 44, wife Anna, b-i-l to Theo. Says grandmother Marya Laback (who I think is Xenia's mother), last residence Orpzkowice, Austria. On Fanny's petition for naturalization in 1936, she says she was born in Bubka, Kniesolo.

I would like to know if the two towns Xenia and Theodore are from are close to each other. I wonder if they knew each other before they got to the US, but married here. They did live at two different addresses at the time they married, so I know they were not living together as a married couple--they could have met in NJ as well. I would also like to discover their relationship to Fanny.

First 5 children of Xenia and Theodor born in Bayonne, NJ, 6th child born in Long Island. By 1920 the family moved to the very end of Long Island in NY and worked as farm laborers picking vegetables - a very simple life. they attended Catholic church in the US, but it could have been a Ukrainian one or a Polish one, there were two different churches nearby.

If I post/email/message the marriage certificate or other documents that I have, can someone assist me in transcribing the parent's names, and maybe help me figure out where to look for records? Thank you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cdiwankmuelle... 23 Apr 2014 11:05AM GMT 
rwf_TO 23 Apr 2014 1:04PM GMT 
cdiwankmuelle... 23 Apr 2014 1:34PM GMT 
rwf_TO 24 Apr 2014 1:54AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions