Search for content in message boards

Elizabethgrad, Russia

Replies: 3

Re: Elizabethgrad, Russia

Posted: 23 Feb 2012 10:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
I think I may be able to help you and probably am related to you. I am Ida Mollov's grandaughter. Her married name was Ida Krampf. I found a reference to Morris on the passenger list for my great grandfather, Sam Mollov whose original name was Chia Mogilewsky. Chia arrived in New York (from Belgium) on October 2, 1905. From the record, it looks like he was briefly detained to wait on his brother Moishe (Morris) who was already living in New York. He (Sam) had left behind in Russia his pregnant wife Rochel (Rose Mollov) and his daughter Ida. Rochel gave birth to their second daughter Molly who was born January 9, 1906 in Russia before travelling to New York with the girls to join Sam.

My mother Corinne, apparently your second cousin, remembers that Morris was a tailor who owned a tailor shop in Far Rockaway. She remembers visiting her Great Uncle Morris there when she was a child. I am curious where you live and who's child you are.

I already folded some of your info into the Miller Family Tree that I am building. Thanks to you I now know where my Great Grandfather Sam Mollov was from (I assume he too was from Elizabethgrad originally.) I would be happy to share with you anything I have found on our family. Ironically, I joined Ancestry.com to learn about the other side of the family, my father's side.

Looking forward to hearing back from you :)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lzusman 13 Sep 2010 8:53PM GMT 
nvaynberg56 8 Mar 2011 2:01AM GMT 
Petro Borsa 16 Apr 2011 8:49PM GMT 
Sophia008 24 Feb 2012 5:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic