Search for content in message boards

Village Kuty records

Replies: 0

Village Kuty records

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 11:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Oct 2012 11:33AM GMT
Surnames: Bakaj, Bida/Biba, Bojko, Cycak/Cycyk, Denysow, Dynula, Dyrdyk, Fedyn, Gaba, Gabata, Gil, Gogosza, Hetmanczuk, Ilkiw, Ivanyshyn, Karmalita, Karpij, Kipran, Klimov, Klym, Kulczycki, Lesiw, Lys, Martiniuk, Maslow, Maximow, Melnik, Myhajlyszin, Rodkiw, Papirnyk, Potapow, Rodkiw, Skryga, Stuka, Szelepow, Waskiw, Wasylevycz, Wilk
I am in possession of an Excel file listing some inhabitants of Kuty, Lvivska oblast- formerly Galicia, Austria - pre-1866. A very kind and generous person visited the Lvivska archives on my behalf and transcribed some records he found from the village. The records list births in the village between 1784 and 1866.

The file is half in Cyrillic but the surnames are translated (the usual caveats re spelling variations apply). It's organized in several ways - by date, by surname, by house number (apologies, no corresponding map as yet.) Surnames in the file are:

Bakaj, Bida/Biba, Bojko, Cycak/Cycyk, Denysow, Dynula, Dyrdyk, Fedyn, Gaba, Gabata, Gil, Gogosza, Hetmanczuk, Ilkiw, Ivanyshyn, Karmalita, Karpij, Kipran, Klimov, Klym, Kulczycki, Lesiw, Lys, Martiniuk, Maslow, Maximow, Melnik, Myhajlyszin, Rodkiw, Papirnyk, Potapow, Rodkiw, Skryga, Stuka, Szelepow, Waskiw, Wasylevycz, Wilk

The list is likely not comprehensive during the time period, but if you're researching surnames from the area from afar and like me have had very little to go on, it might be of use. I would be happy to share - send me a message if you'd like a copy.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions