Search for content in message boards

Lonia (Lonie, Loni) and Gologory (Holohory) to Chicago 1904-1914

Replies: 2

Re: Lonia (Lonie, Loni) and Gologory (Holohory) to Chicago 1904-1914

Posted: 14 Oct 2013 4:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandfather Andrzej Lewiniec was born in Łonie near Tarnopol (now Ukraine) in 1906.

He moved to France in 1926, where he married Apolonia Selwa. They had one son - Jan. Jan was my father. He was born in Hayange, Lotaryngia, France.  In 1936 when Jan was 5 his father Andrzej died in an accident. Andrzej's parents lived in Łonie (Loni). Andrzej's father was Aleksy and her mother was Barbara Lewiniec (family name Żołnir). After Andrzej died, his brother from Lonie likely came to France to take Apolonia i Jan back to Lonie. Apolonia decided to stay in France. She remarried and after WW II all family came back to Poland. Between 1939 and 1947 there were ethnic cleansing. About 150 000 - 250 000 Polish people had been killed (men, women and children). In Lonie several or dozen or more houses had been burned. Some residents had been taken away.

That is all I know for sure about my family fom Łonie. My grandmother Apolonia knew nothing about her dead husband's family. It seems there was a relative who went to America, but that's all I know. If you could give me any information about Tomasz Lewiniec or his family, I would appreciate it.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you

Jerzy Lewiniec
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
katiefilipcza... 15 Apr 2013 10:36PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 18 May 2013 11:54PM GMT 
jerzy lewinie... 14 Oct 2013 10:14AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic