Search for content in message boards

Athenia, looking for survivors or descendants

Replies: 1

Re: Athenia, looking for survivors or descendants

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 11:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kasianiuk, Kucharchuk
Dear Ms. Kasianiuk,
I am writing to you through a friend who belongs to Ancestry.com. My name is Tom Sanger and I am researching a book about the sinking of the SS Athenia at the start of WWII. I read your posting on Mac's Weblog about the experiences of your grandfather, Steve Kucharchuk, and his family when the ship was torpedoed. My grandmother also was a passenger on the Athenia, and like your grandfather and his two oldest children, she survived. I plan to tell the story of the Athenia by following the experiences of several key people, including your grandfather. Through his experiences I am able to highlight the efforts of a refugee family trying to escape Hitler. I would very much like to talk to you about your memories of him and any family stories about how they traveled to England from Poland in 1939, their destination in Canada an life in Trosteniec. You can reach me through my friend, or directly via email (tomsanger@msn.com) or phone (1-858-456-4404). I would really appreciate your help with my research and I look forward to speaking with you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ruth Kasianiuk 8 Nov 2006 6:37PM GMT 
Jskelton92037 9 Nov 2012 6:50AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic