Search for content in message boards

WEDMANN or WADEMANN

Replies: 6

WEDMANN or WADEMANN

Richard Moore (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WADEMANN, WEDMANN, PETERS, KOSTROSKY, RADTKE, NUNN
Hello, I have, perhaps found a link to my WADEMAN ancestors in the Volhynia Decade Files section, and ask everyone for their help in locating my ancestors.

I found this information:

Last, First Name D/M Year Place Father Mother Film/Item Pge Reg Remarks
Wedmann, Ludwig 25 Dec 1870 Fedoruwka Johann Peters,Karoline 1884118/3 519 496

I need help locating traces of my family. There are a number of relatives working on finding WADEMAN[N] and, we are at a dead end.

Joseph John [Johann] WADEMANN [WEDMANN] is my GGGrandFather, and his son [William] Wilhelm is my GGrandfather, and his son John is my Grandfather, all emigrated to Russia in 1873, and then to the USA in 1890, and then Wilhelm and John to Canada in 1908.

We could not find any traces outside of North America,excepting this recent birth listing for WEDMANN, Ludwig, and no information found to date, in North America identifies which part of Europe, they emigrated from to immigrate to the USA, other than this:

Joseph John WADEMANN married Caroline PETERS, prior to leaving Europe, and it is told her Grandfather was born in Zhitomir, Volhynia. Joseph John and Caroline wed in 1843, when Caroline was 16, and the rest of the information is conflicting, ie. born in Germany, Russia or Poland? Wilhelm [William] married Pauline KOSTROSKY prior to emigrating, also, and John was only 2 when they left Europe. Obits say they also spent some time in Medoza, South Dakota.

Robert KOSTROSKY, a possible relation to Pauline, arrived from Europe in 1908, just in time to join the William WADEMAN family emigration from Blue Hills, Nebraska to Luseland, Saskatchewan. His father's and his half-brother's Homestead Applications tell their birthplaces are in Wollena, and ?olynia, Russia. This information supports some connection to Volynia, Russia.

They were first known to settle in Woodland, California, prior to settling in Blue Hills, Nebraska,in 1892 and Luseland, Saskatchewan, in 1908; which opens the question, how did they come?, how did they leave? since California is on the west coast, not the east coast, where Ellis Island is, etc.

They are all Lutherans, and founded the first Trinity Lutheran Churchs in Blue Hills, Nebraska, and Luseland, Saskatchewan.

We are getting despondant, and hope you might be able to provide us with some information. Will you please look for our ancestors surnames?

Thank you, with best regards.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Richard Moore 1 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Andrew Wademan 21 Jun 2006 4:37PM GMT 
francesholcro... 29 Nov 2012 1:58PM GMT 
Mighthelp 29 Nov 2012 6:33PM GMT 
JerryFrank59 30 Nov 2012 5:39AM GMT 
Ajwademan 17 Feb 2013 7:14PM GMT 
francesholcro... 21 Feb 2013 11:18AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic