Search for content in message boards

LUTAK surname

Replies: 16

LUTAK surname

Posted: 3 Apr 2009 7:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lutak
I live in Moscow (Russia) but my ancestors are from the Subcarpathian Rus.

Surname Lutak is mentioned six times in the Hungarian archives in 1678-1715: three persons in Subcarpathian Rus, two persons in the Western Slovakia and one person in East Slovakia.
Unfortunately, I do not know yet, who from these people was ancestor of my great-great-grandfather Istvan (Štefan in Carpatho-Rusyn) Lutak (1869-1920).

István Luták was born circa 1868/9 in village Fekete-Patak (now Chorny Potik), Felvidéki járás (now Irshavsky raion), Bereg Comitatus (County), between towns Mukachevo and Irshava. István’s father was born in village Nagy-Ábránka (now Lokot, Irshavsky raion) circa 1845.

According to the book of the Ukrainian philologist P.Chuchka my surname is South Slavic by origin. He represents two versions of origin.
According to the first one, my surname is formed from South Slavic (Serbian or Croatian) name Luta (Luto) by a Slavic suffix -ak. Lutak = son of Luta. He writes that name Luta is formed from South Slavic names: Luka, Lutvij, Milun and Milutin.
According to the second version, Lutak in Serbian and Croatian means toy-boy.

In 2008 the company FTDNA has made research of my DNA and has established that I belong to Y-haplogroup E1b1b1a2-M13 (Balcanian subgroup of Egyptian Y-haplogroup E1b1b1a-M78).

I have two versions when and by what way my ancestors could come in Subcarpathian Rus.
The first version version is based on data of Subcarpathian historian A.Mitsyuk (1931) about settling of Subcarpathian Rus. A.Mitsyuk wrote that in the second quarter of XV century superseded by Turks, Bosnian and Macedonian Serbs (Raci) have occupied Hungarian comitats Hajdu and Bihar. The part of Serbs has lodged in the west of Hungarian (Subcarpathian) Rus, near the town Mukachevo (comitat Bereg). Since times of Hungarian King Matthias Corvinus (1458 - 1490) and till XVII century Serbs lodged and in the east of Hungarian Rus, in comitat Maramaros.
According to the second version, my ancestors were descendants of the Croatian immigrants. As I know, many the Croatian peasants have moved from Croatia to the Western Hungary and the Western Slovakia (near town Bratislava) in 1530-1570 (after Turkish intrusion in Croatia). Later, in 17 century there was East Slovak and Lemko migration in Subcarpathian Rus.
Possibly, my ancestors in 17 century have come from Slovakia to Subcarpathian Rus.

Some expert the anthropologist has estimated by photos types of my grandfather and my great-grandfather and has told that they have Dinarish, the Albanian anthropotype.

I search for my relatives on male line or namesakes which interesting history of our ancestors. Did anybody Lutak make research of his DNA?

If it is interesting for you, please, write me on my e-mail: lutak@yandex.ru .

Sincerely, Sergey Lutak.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Sergey_Lutak 3 Apr 2009 1:51PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 3 Apr 2009 6:28PM GMT 
Sergey_Lutak 4 Apr 2009 5:32AM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 4 Apr 2009 2:49PM GMT 
Sergey_Lutak 6 Apr 2009 3:07PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 22 May 2009 10:50PM GMT 
Sergey_Lutak 23 May 2009 8:43AM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 23 May 2009 9:53AM GMT 
Sergey_Lutak 28 Jun 2010 10:04PM GMT 
ellis9841 24 Mar 2013 10:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions