Search for content in message boards

Klemm ancestry

Replies: 4

Re: Klemm ancestry

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 4:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Klemm, Schmidt-Zandegiacomo
Hi,there seem to be two threads on the same topic, so replying here as well:

I think Alfred Klemm was my uncle. My father was Reinhold Leo Klemm, born in Novi Sad (suburb of Belgrade) in 1924. His father was Hans Klemm, timber merchant, married to Frederika Schmidt-Zandegiacomo (sp.?), who came from the Padua/Trieste area. His (Hans') parents were called Barbara and Jakob. Jakob worked as a tapper on the railway; from what my father told me, I understand that they (i.e. the Klemms, not the Schmidt-Zandegiacomos) were Jewish.

Hans and Frederika's marriage broke up before WWII; not sure whether they divorced or were separated, but she was subsequently involved (married to?) with someone called D'Escalier (sp.?).

After the marriage broke up, I think Alfred, as the younger child, stayed with his mother and Reinhold with his father.

Frederika disappeared during WWII; I think my father tried to search for her with the help of the Red Cross, but unsuccessfully. After his death, I was told that she had died in a KZ, but don't know how reliable this information is.I think my father (Reinhold) and Alfred had a falling out, but I do remember hearing that Alfred went to Scotland and married someone called Aggie (Agnes? Agatha?), and that they had a son called, I think, Raymond?

Hans died in the early 1970s; he lived in Freilassing which is across the border from Salzburg.

My father died in 1988, and was always very reticent about his past, so all the above is pieced together from snippets that he told me.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
amerikak2511 12 Aug 2012 6:51PM GMT 
Mohnbauer 12 Aug 2012 7:28PM GMT 
Robert Jerin 13 Aug 2012 10:00PM GMT 
amerikak2511 14 Aug 2012 5:29PM GMT 
Klemm82 8 Nov 2012 11:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic