Search for content in message boards

Dingiroglou?

Replies: 3

Re: Dingiroglou?

Posted: 21 May 2012 10:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 May 2012 10:27AM GMT
the surname kouyoumge is def kouyoumdjian variations of it are without the d spelling kouyoumjian or kajian is another very shortened version of it. my maternal grandmother was a kouyoumdjian her mother father grandmother and family were in turky and during the genocide in 1915 when armenians were forced out of the only home/land they knew the ones who survived were forced to live elsewhere my great grandma had an aunt her mothers sister was a loussarian they went to Argentina. my great grandfather and great grandmother fled to khartoum sudan. there were a lot of ethnic groups over there at the time and a huge armenian community. my grandma and her 3 siblings born raised in sudan the oldest was born in turkey they lived in khartoum one of her older brothers was the first to come to american she came second, followed by her other brother, her sister was the last one to come to the states in the mid 80s when her husband passed away. people were leaving Khartoum British rule was no longer in sudan right now about 100-150 armenians remain in Khartoum.
do you know anything else about the kouyoumge name like where they might have gone after turkey.

with armenians its sometimes hard to trace things because the genocide wiped out entire families. my maternal great grandfathers whole family was whipped out, and my maternal great grandmothers family was as well only my great great grandmother her sister and my great grandma survived, there were some other siblings but one died in a swimming accident and the other was giving the wrong medicen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
threet3136 28 Mar 2004 4:00AM GMT 
Robert Jerin 31 May 2004 10:05PM GMT 
threet3136 10 Jun 2004 2:38AM GMT 
hyechica 21 May 2012 4:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic