Search for content in message boards

Herman C. Salmon, Sibbald & Acadia Valley, Alberta

Replies: 4

Re: Herman C. Salmon, Sibbald & Acadia Valley, Alberta

Posted: 7 Jan 2010 12:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Salmon, Frey, Castator, Clark, McFeaters, McFeeters, Armstrong
Hi! Thank you for responding to my query.

Yes, I do have Herman's ancestors. He was born in Clinton county, Indiana, to George Cortez Salmon and Catherine/Katharine A. Cheney. Here's an obit of Herman's sister:

Frankfort Times, Tues., July 17, 1973, pg. 2

Bessie C. Salmon

Bessie C. Salmon, 709 N. Jackson St., died at 9:20 p.m. yesterday at Clinton County Hospital. She was 90.

A native of Kilmore, Miss Salmon was born Jan 1, 1883, the daughter of George Cortez and Katharine Cheney Salmon. She spent her childhood in Moran and graduated from Frankfort High School in 1901.

Miss Salmon graduated from DePauw University in 1912 and completed missionary training in Cincinnati before going to Korea from 1915-1919. She worked as a teacher and missionary and was a member of Trinity United Methodist Church.

She is survived by three nieces, Doris Salmon Peacock of Alberta, Canada,; Lois Salmon of Chilliwack, Canada, and Katharine Beil Egner of Battle Creek, Mich.

Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at Frye Funeral Home with Rev. Ted Osgood officiating. Burial will be in Kilmore Cemetery. Friends may call from 2-4 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. tomorrow.

George's parents were Daniel Salmon and Margaret Clark. Daniel's parents were George Salmon and Mary Castator. Mary's parents were John Castator and Catharine LNU, from whom I descend.

Margaret Clark's parents were Matthew Clark and Elizabeth Armstrong McFeaters. Elizabeth's parents were James McFeeters and Mary Armstrong, from whom I also descend. Mary's parents were John Armstrong and Eleanor Wallace.

I have a lot of info and would love to share. Please contact me at carolyn dot hoffman at verizon dot net.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Carolyn Hoffm... 6 Nov 2009 10:07PM GMT 
GoutbeckP59 7 Nov 2009 4:23PM GMT 
GoutbeckP59 7 Nov 2009 4:23PM GMT 
marlene1917 7 Jan 2010 5:35AM GMT 
Carolyn Hoffm... 7 Jan 2010 7:28AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions