Search for content in message boards

Art done by Fred Kitchener

Replies: 8

Re: Art done by Fred Kitchener

Posted: 6 Dec 2012 3:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kitchener
Thank you so very much for sharing this with us. There are several of us great grandchildren left who can appreciate his talents and enjoy it when we can see and/or obtain one of his works.
Just a little background on Fred Kitchener for you. He was born in England and moved to Canada when he was a child. He lived in the Toronto area for a long time, he fought in the Louis Real Rebellion and eventually became a sign painter due to his love of painting. In those days all signs and billboards were handpainted and it was big business. After marrying his wife Charlotte and having a few children they moved to the Cleveland Ohio area where we assume he went for work. When the "western" part of Canada was opened to homesteading etc the family ended up in Edmonton where the family settled and he enjoyed his hobby of landscape painting and began to sell some of his works but the sign painting job is the one that supported the family.
Should you ever want to sell your painting please contact me. I am trying to find one painting for each of my children to have of his.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
treasurecorne... 6 Jan 2010 3:10AM GMT 
Anonymous 13 Nov 2010 1:34AM GMT 
JosephineLewi... 7 Apr 2011 1:10PM GMT 
treasurecorne... 7 Apr 2011 10:30PM GMT 
JosephineLewi... 14 Apr 2011 8:03PM GMT 
ciss216 20 Mar 2011 10:32PM GMT 
treasurecorne... 20 Mar 2011 10:49PM GMT 
tldurance 6 Dec 2012 7:45PM GMT 
treasurecorne... 6 Dec 2012 10:35PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions