Search for content in message boards

John R. McIntosh

Replies: 1

John R. McIntosh

Posted: 22 Jun 2011 11:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2011 11:14AM GMT
Surnames: McIntosh
I am trying to find additional information on the life of John Roderick McIntosh who was b. in Ontario in 1886. He lived for a time in Saskatchewan and owned a store in Smiley. He then moved to Alberta abt 1922. The only things I know abt him are that he might have lived in Edmonton abt 1942 (according to an obit) and that it looks like he died in Calgary on Feb 1, 1956 per an obit I found in the online Calgary Herald for Feb 7, 1956 [February 1st. John Roderick McIntosh, aged 72 years, of the King Edward Hotel. Services at "The Little Chapel on the Corner", Wednesday at 10:20 a.m. Rev. R. McKay Esler officiating. Jaques Funeral Home Ltd.]. He is buried in an unmarked grave in the Queens Park cemetery in Calgary. I does not appear that he was ever married.

I searched the online city directories for Edmonton and Calgary, but really didn't find anything definitive.

I can't tell if he lived a derelict life since the King Edward Hotel in Calgary was a low income place (now closed).
It would be nice to add a little background to his life. If anyone finds any little tidbit of info, please let me know.

Thank you
Dan Harvey
Snohomish, Washington USA
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
djjr7744 22 Jun 2011 5:11PM GMT 
sstanger1 27 Sep 2012 6:37AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions