Search for content in message boards

Where to look for Church records for Lamont County?

Replies: 8

Re: Where to look for Church records for Lamont County?

Posted: 5 Jan 2011 3:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks Stella for the info.

It is good to know that the Orthodox church was once Catholic. I think I remember reading about the history in the area of some churches becoming Greek Orthodox but didn't know which ones.

I am hoping to save some money as ordering birth certificates for at least 10 people can be expensive! My Grandmother's birth was before Alberta was a province as well so not sure if they would even have records for her.

The two names I am researching is Iwaschuk/Iwazczuk and Chwyl. My great grandparents were Jacob and Barbara Iwaschuk and Luc and Fanny Chwyl - their son Nick and Martha Iwashcuk -Chwyl were my grandparents. I do have a copy of family history from the Bruderhiem History book. It has a write up of Jacob's brother, Fred (Teodore) and his family. I did locate a book on the internet from Chipman (I think that is the name??) that has the names of Jacob and Barbara but have not actually seen the book yet to get the write up on them.

If you have any further info I would appreciate it.

I think I will try the Basilian Fathers in Mundare to start. I know all these people existed but would be nice to have copies of their batismals at the very least.

Sandra
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jiggy102 5 Jan 2011 8:41PM GMT 
sstanger1 5 Jan 2011 9:11PM GMT 
Jiggy102 5 Jan 2011 10:06PM GMT 
sstanger1 5 Jan 2011 10:57PM GMT 
sstanger1 5 Jan 2011 11:27PM GMT 
sstanger1 6 Jan 2011 12:45AM GMT 
Jiggy102 6 Jan 2011 12:56AM GMT 
GoutbeckP59 7 Jan 2011 5:34PM GMT 
Jiggy102 8 Jan 2011 4:54AM GMT 
per page