Robert Lundy Wilson
Robert Wilson was born near Galt, Ontario of Scottish ancestry. In 1907 he and his wife and daughter Bessie came to Parkland to visit Robert's sister, Mrs. George B. Thomson and family. He evidentaly liked what he saw in the West, as he went back to Ontario and sold his farm in Huron County and returned to parkland in 1908, where he bought SW 14-15-27-W4 from Ed Auclair. He also bought the homestead of Frank Auclair, NE 10-15-27-W4, across the road. He built an addition to the homestead house, but had to store the bulk of his furniture in the barn. A prairie fire came from the west burning the barn and all its contents. Robert was so engrossed with the barn that he forgot his crippled wife in the house. Jim Thompson remembered her and picked her up bodily, with no time to be gentle, and carried her out onto the potato patch, where he placed her in her wheel chair and covered her with a wet blanket. Fortunately the cultivated ground and fire-guard saved the house. Mrs. Wilson never forgave Jim for his rough treatment.
Since Robert was a carpenter, he built a large house with five bedrooms in 1916. He was secretary-treasurer of the Grassy Plains school district. Mrs. Wilson passed away in 1918, and after that he moved to Calgary where he later married again. The farm was worked by various farmers, and when Joe Straughan lived there, he planted lots of trees. After Robert's death, his daughter Bessie came back in 1942. She was talented in fancywork and hooked rugs. Bessie left her cousins Dorcas and Jane Wilson a legacy in her will. This they used as part payment on the two quarters. George Loree later bought Jane's share, and he and Dorcas have resided there since 1942.
There is a picture in the book of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Wilson, 1915.