Search for content in message boards

Salve Trygsland (b. 1874, d. Hanna, AB 1964), lived in Youngstown, AB

Replies: 5

Salve Trygsland (b. 1874, d. Hanna, AB 1964), lived in Youngstown, AB

Posted: 31 Jan 2012 1:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Trygsland
My great grandfather's brother Salve Trygsland was born in Bjelland in today's Marnardal municipality, Norway, on 26 March 1874. In the 1910 US census he was registered as living in Lincoln township, Marshall county, Minnesota, but later moved to Canada where he was farming in Youngstown, Alberta, cf. the copy I have of his last will (dated 16 November 1961).

According to a letter and telegram dated 10 January 1964 from his solicitor, Salve died at the Hanna Hospital on "Wednesday last". As 10 January 1964 was a Friday, I take it that Salve died on 8 January 1964. He was buried at Chinook the following Monday (13 January 1964).

I am unfamiliar with genealogy in Canada and hope that people here can help me with information about where I can obtain more facts about his life. Salve died unmarried and left his property to a niece in Norway. I feel he deserves more than just a name in the genealogy and would like to find out more about him.

- If he was buried in Chinook, does this mean that he was buried at Chinook Cemetery (photos here: http://www.yeats.ca/jky001.html), or are there other cemeteries in that area? Any address of the cemetery so that I can get confirmed that he was buried at Chinook Cemetery?
- In which newspaper would his obituary (if any) most likely be published? Any possibility for an obituary lookup?
- I'd love to know more about the farm he owned at Youngstown - where can I find such information?
- Any other sources which might give more information about his life? (frecords of immigration etc.)
- His solicitor in Hanna (the office still exists, I might contact his daughter) tells about a family friend, Olga Jensen (alt. Jansen), of Chinook, AB, who arranged Salve's affairs. How can I trace her or her family (they might remember Salve and could tell more about him and his life in Youngstown)

Thanks in advance for any help you could give.

Dag Trygsland Hoelseth
Oslo, Norway
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dagtho 31 Jan 2012 8:58PM GMT 
GoutbeckP59 1 Feb 2012 10:47PM GMT 
dagtho 2 Feb 2012 1:50PM GMT 
GoutbeckP59 3 Feb 2012 12:14AM GMT 
japeterson158 7 Dec 2012 6:44AM GMT 
EHKreiser 13 Dec 2013 5:13AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions