Search for content in message boards

Juri (George) Kello and Annie Anstal in Stettler

Replies: 2

Juri (George) Kello and Annie Anstal in Stettler

Posted: 19 Mar 2011 11:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kello, Anstal, Toim, Doem
I was wondering if anyone could give me any more details on my husband's grandfather or point me in the next direction to find details of his family while living in Stettler.

Annie Anstal married Juri (George) Kello on 1st October 1900 at the Lutheran Church, Trey, Verskoe, Russia officiated by Reverend John Johansen.

The lived at Fayre, Russia for two years, than moved to Stettler near Calgary Canada. They had a property called Stewartwyn at Section 32 in township 37 Range 20 West of the 4th Meridian where they lived for 10 years. Juri (George) Kello was naturalized in Canada on 21/06/1909 he was 31. I have copies of the application for Homestead patent under the provisions of the "Dominion Lands Act" from the Alberta Department of the Interior 1906. Dated at Red Deer Aug 10 1909.

Juri (George) and Annie moved in 1913 to Sandy Creek via Gympie, Queensland, Australia. George divorced Annie and married my father-in-law's mother in 1935 in Gympie, Queensland, Australia.

On Juri (George) death certificate 20/12/1944 he was 65yrs and born in Rakrocre, Estonia. He had been in Australia 30 years and his parents were Martin Kello - Farmer and Annie Doem.

Letter from Eesti Ajalooarhiiv (Estonian Historical Archives) dated 11/02/2000 states

Documents of the Lutheran Church of St Jakobi (Estonian: Viru-Jaagupi) the following information:

1878 Feb 22 in Fonel (Estonian: Vohnja, Virumaa) born and March 05 Baptiz

N46 JURI KELLO*
father: Juri Mart Kello
mother: An, born Toim
godparents: Juri Kello, Juri Toim, Mai Toim

Stock 3154, Series 1, Item 5. Original in German.

*Name "Juri","Jurri" (Estonian) = "Georg" (German)

I am not sure where to go from here and would welcome any recommendations. How would I find any relations that lived in the same area that may have stayed.

Thank you in advance
Christene Kello
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
chrisuni 20 Mar 2011 5:49AM GMT 
sstanger1 20 Mar 2011 6:42PM GMT 
GoutbeckP59 21 Mar 2011 3:15AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions