Search for content in message boards

Need death dates, obituary, or cemetery listing for Ethel Coleman and Ambery James Coleman

Replies: 5

Re: Need death dates, obituary, or cemetery listing for Ethel Coleman and Ambery James Coleman

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 11:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Coleman
I am so glad to read your reply. Thank you very much. I remember meeting Aunt Laura when I was a young girl. I, also, had the chance to meet Uncle Ben. I corresponded with Aunt Esther but never met her in person. I say Aunt and Uncle but it is actually Great Aunt and Uncle. John Wesley was my Grandfather. When I got seriously interested in family history, my chance of getting answers from them was gone. I wish I knew more about them.
I have read many old newspapers and such. I have most of the birth and death dates now. Some have different dates, depending on what "proof" you are looking at. I only have a year for Aunt Esther, 1983. I sure would like the month and day.
I did find an article for the death of Ambery James in 'The Stavely Standard', Thursday, October 13, 1910. It states: "On Friday last, little Jimmy Coleman, the 10-year-old son of Mr. Coleman, a former resident of Stavely, but now living on his homestead some 10 miles northwest of the village, died from the effects of typhoid fever, after battleing with the disease for about three weeks. The deceased was buried on Sunday in the Stavely cemetery, by Rev. G.R. Backus. We understand that there are two little girls in the same family are down with the same fever, but it is hoped that they will soon be restored to health. Another older daughter is all crippled up with lumbago. Truly a much afflicated family." The death date would have been October 7, 1910, and buried on the 9th.
I never found a mention of Ethel's death. So, from your recollection you think they died on the same day and were buried on the same day? I just have that she died October 1910.
You have enlightened me so much. I thank you again for sharing that story. I remember that Aunt Laura loved her little girl. My Mom had a picture of her sitting on a rocking horse? Now I don't remember what it was, but I remember she was a cute little girl. That picture has to be around here somewhere.
Thanks again!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
duhammon 9 Mar 2007 11:23PM GMT 
PennieWest 10 Mar 2007 12:49PM GMT 
duhammon 10 Mar 2007 4:26PM GMT 
PennieWest 11 Mar 2007 2:55AM GMT 
jewlien 28 Jan 2013 5:46AM GMT 
duhammon 28 Jan 2013 6:25AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions