Search for content in message boards

Lone Butte Miller family

Replies: 2

Lone Butte Miller family

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 8:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Nov 2012 8:27AM GMT
Am seeking information on a family named Miller, that lived in the Lone Butte/Bridge Lake region in the 1930's and 1940's. It was a large family, and notable in that Mrs. Miller had a wooden leg.

The Old Man was Jack Miller. Every single one of their children was called by something other than their birth name. And the only thing Jack Miller knew, apparently, was horses.

It's Jack Miller's family I'm trying to find.Jack was really John. I've seen his name spelled John More Miller, and John Moore Miller. The information on his death certificate has been a dead end, it wasn't filled out by a family member and has proven inaccurate.I know that he was in Illinois for the 1900 US Census, and is listed as John Moore Miller....his wife was Rinta Inez Appleman, it was thru her that I found him in the US, and Illinois is where her family is from.

I know the family was in OK in 1917, where a son was born.... I know the famiy was in ID in 1923, a son was born there.... but Jack Miller eludes me. He worked with horses, and I believe he was logging while he lived in BC, horses being how they got the logs out of the bush. His ability with a horse whip is family legend.

If anyone has a recollection or family tidbit that might point me into the right direction where Old Man Miller is concerned, it'd be appreciated.

MICH
Jack's great granddaughter
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
momma_2_tatia... 10 Nov 2012 3:25PM GMT 
sstanger1 10 Nov 2012 7:45PM GMT 
momma_2_tatia... 11 Nov 2012 12:03AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic