Search for content in message boards

WILSON - Mary Ellen Rule

Replies: 6

Re: WILSON - Mary Ellen Rule

Rocky Sampson (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2001 2:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Heather....My grandmother and Martha Rule were first cousins. My grandmother's name was Laura Georgina Silvey (nee' McFadden). Laura and Martha's mothers were sisters.. Laura's mother was named Mrs. Martha Mary McFadden (nee' Rosman) and Martha Rules' mother was named Ellen Georgina MaHaffey (first marriage to Dan Rule... he drowned then she married to Johnny MaHaffey). I have much of the family history of the Rosman's on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands. I have a few photographs and some marriage certificates dealing in the Rule family. I could be able to look up more if need be... some I would not be able to do as Martha Rule lived in Washington State if my memory is correct. I do have a picture or two of her though. The LeGood name is still about..I owe a Mr. Phil LeGood some info too as he has been politely waiting for me. He is related to me (distant cousin). I will collect back my photographs of the family as they are on loan to two different local museums here on Vancouver Island right now. I will scan the ones you need and send them.... please be patient. Also... Metchosin is a small farming community just west of the city of Victoria here on the Island... that is where the Rosman family started out in Colonial times (Edwin Joseph Rosman came to Victoria BC in April of 1854) Edwin J. Rosman was the father to Ellen Georgina and Martha Mary, as well as Caroline and Edward Rosman... Edwin also adopted a daughter named Lily Williams. Edwin J. Rosman married Mary Johnson of Wrangell Alaska, she was Tlingit. Her father was named Quiston and her mother's name was Cutanicas... they too were Native Indian. Edwin J Rosman came from Penryn (St. Gluvius)Corwall, England. I also have the names of his family too. I have more information...please contact me. I hope this information reaches you with cheers.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
HappySuffolk 7 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Rocky Sampson 25 Oct 2001 8:56PM GMT 
rbsampson1963 9 Dec 2010 11:50AM GMT 
BStephens24 1 Mar 2011 5:13PM GMT 
JudyWasylenko 9 Mar 2011 2:55AM GMT 
cjwant 6 Aug 2011 11:23PM GMT 
vancouver44 22 Jan 2013 7:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions