Search for content in message boards

Found McKAY photo-album (once of Richmond BC)

Replies: 3

Found McKAY photo-album (once of Richmond BC)

Posted: 15 Nov 2006 10:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Dec 2006 1:51PM GMT
Surnames: MCKAY
Hello

The other night while walking in the rain, down a back alley in Newton, I found a photo-album,.
As I am an avid family historian. I feel this is a precious item, so brought it home to dry it off. If you could help or suggest ideas to aid me in the return of this to the original owner I would be most *grateful*, as I hope the owner would be.

The album itself is a sort of redish pink colour with darker pink & black angled stripes.

Pictures in it include
Paris France
The French Riviera
Nice
Sedona
Fiji

There is a postcard addressed from Nice dated 19 Sept 1986 , signed "love Mom & Dad, and it was addressed to
Miss K (Karen) McKAY
6191 Azure Ave Richmond BC
V7C 2N8

There is also in it a postcard that says
"a Special Touch of Paradise" Sheraton Fiji - on the back it says- "Ideally located on the shores of the Nadi Bay". There is no writing on the back

Very few of the pictures include names, but some do mention folks that live in Oceanside California (Florence, Alf?)- & there is a mention of a Gordon which I think may be "Dad"

This album has pictures that date back to 1962 (of a mother & children ?)

IMHO, many of these photos are priceless as they are of children growing up and scenes from many travels. Pictures that cannot be replaced.

If you happen to know of a Karen McKay formerly of Richmond (and maybe married now), please do let her know I have this valuable family heirloom?
Thank you to all who can help with my quest to return this valuable piece of family history!
I would think this album was likely stolen. I do hesitate to turn it into the police as I would assume it would be of the lowest priority. (Terrible busy our RCMP are)

With Respect Teena

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
TeenaDunn 15 Nov 2006 5:23PM GMT 
Stella_Stange... 16 Nov 2006 2:32AM GMT 
TeenaDunn 16 Nov 2006 5:39AM GMT 
brenna_thiess... 23 Apr 2013 3:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions