Search for content in message boards

Lundy possible Jackson connection

Replies: 8

Lundy possible Jackson connection

Posted: 23 Jan 2008 7:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lundy
I located my paternal grandfather's death notice and will through the Victoria Archives a number of years ago...William Maxwell Lundy was born around 1894 in Toronto and died in Victoria in September 1969. He was a dental 'mechanic' and after serving in WW#1 -possibly in the cyle unit, he remained in Toronto area for about 20 years and then moved to BC. Information I have found suggests that he was in the Prov of BC for at least 20 years possibly more and upon his death left everything to his friend Robert Jackson. His death notice in the local paper mentions he left behind many friends and cousins in Canada and United States but no mention of my dad or grandma. I have uncovered info which shows they were only married months before my dad was born and when William signed up for the Army a few months later he strangely lists himself as single. His body was supposedly cremated but I contacted the name listed in his obit notice who had no record of him....am really curious about what happened to this man and what his life in BC was like. The story I was told my my mother was that he was 'shell shocked' after the war and was 'never the same' but my grandma once told me that bruises in a relationship sometimes seemed like they would be easier to deal with...not that I condone any of it but I can only guess what kind of life she must have had a single mom in 1917---I was one in 73 and it wasn't pleasant. I would dearly love to know if anyone has any info on this man and his life.

Cheryl
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cheryls48 24 Jan 2008 2:24AM GMT 
Stella_Stange... 27 Jan 2008 10:30PM GMT 
cheryls48 27 Jan 2008 10:50PM GMT 
Stella_Stange... 27 Jan 2008 11:47PM GMT 
RockySampson1... 20 Feb 2008 9:20PM GMT 
cheryls48 9 Sep 2008 7:57AM GMT 
cheryls48 17 Jul 2012 4:14AM GMT 
lynnpsr 2 Nov 2012 12:21AM GMT 
cheryls48 2 Nov 2012 2:10AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions