Mary Jane TURNER

Replies: 4

Mary Jane TURNER

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 8:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Feb 2013 9:42PM GMT
Surnames: TURNER, SPRING

Dear Listers,

My GGdfather was Thomas Beverly SPRING (T.B. SPRING), Contractor, Vancouver, from abt 1885 to 1895. His bio is in the Vancouver’s Voters 1886 Bio Dictionary and he was a complete bastard by all accounts, fathering 9 children to 3 different women across Canada, USA, the Pacific, and Africa.

Married to his 2nd wife (my GGdmother) when he arrives in BC, by 1891 Thomas separates from her, takes the children and pairs up with a Mary Jane TURNER. The women my Gran always claimed was her mother, until research proved otherwise.

Other than an 1893 Henderson listing where Mary appears as a member of Thomas’s household. She doesn’t seem too have ever existed anywhere on paper at all, either before or after. We were told she was from the UK and that she came to the household with a newborn and we know she went on to give all her 3 children the name TURNER.

Recently I found in Mathews Early Vancouver Vol 12 a story told by a Duncan McDonald about Tom TURNER inheriting his farm in Nth Vancouver from his Uncle, William BRIDGES. Thanks to a will recovered from Seattle or somewhere by a man simply called T. B. SPRING.

After years of research I’m running out of ideas and wondered if someone may have some suggestions.

Many thanks in advance.
Mark, Sydney, Australia
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Attacliffe 5 Feb 2013 3:27AM GMT 
jilajay2007 5 Feb 2013 12:51PM GMT 
jilajay2007 5 Feb 2013 1:31PM GMT 
Attacliffe 5 Feb 2013 11:03PM GMT 
Attacliffe 5 Feb 2013 11:01PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic