Search for content in message boards

Area Nelson, B.C. person Chas. or Charles AUSTIN 1917

Replies: 2

Area Nelson, B.C. person Chas. or Charles AUSTIN 1917

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 2:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: AUSTIN/Aston/Auston
Hello to All. I need help with Canada's British Columbia records.

I need help locating an American Citizen in Nelson, British Columbia in the year 1917. The person is my Great grandfather. His name is Charles (A.) AUSTIN, born 1863 in New York. His father was a Sands H. AUSTIN whom died at Ortings Soldiers Home in Orting, Washington state, May 1917.

The Soldiers Home sent several letters trying to locate his son Charles Austin. Some letters were sent to Nelson, B.C. and Salmo, British Columbia.

Most often I find Charles listed as "Chas." Austin. He most often states he was born in New York as were both his parents. Charles worked as a "Woodsman" most all his life, so I am guessing that he is in Canada working in some form, in the woods.

I have attached one of 15 pages of Sands H. Austin's military papers found at Washington states Digital archives, www.digitalarchives.wa.org. Search for "Sands Austin", no middle initial will result in two records. One a death and the other Military records. This is where I found the attached document.

One other thing I was wondering; What part of Canada is Nelson located in??? I have looked at maps, I know "where" it is, BUT "what is it called" in geographical terms?

Is it? The "Rocky Mountain" Disrict? Peace River District? Kootenay Disrict? Or The Okanagan Similkameen District?

Any info gladly considered, and muchly appreciated.
Thank you, Chris
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pacificforest... 10 Feb 2013 9:40PM GMT 
sstanger1 11 Feb 2013 7:51AM GMT 
pacificforest... 12 Feb 2013 5:14AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic