Search for content in message boards

John Lloyd Mclaughlin/Leiber

Replies: 6

Re: John Lloyd Mclaughlin/Leiber

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 5:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: John Lloyd Mclaughlin/Leiber
Thank you so much for dedicating your time to this. I am most grateful.
My sister was born in Surrey England and has her birth record so we know that Elfriede was in Surrey in the 1950's and we also know that she was a nurse at the Elizabeth Garret Anderson Hospital in London. That is how I found she had emigrated to Canada.
Reading your research it struck me as rather sad that Johns daughter did not keep in touch with Elfriede after his demise. Makes me consider there may have been a rift prior to his death or maybe his will caused problems.
I have been unable to determine whether Elfriede arrived in England from Germany prior to the 1939-1945 war or after.
I have downloaded from The National Archives records of internees during the war. All Germans were considered enemy aliens, however women were able to work even though registered. The men were interned in camps. Thus there may be a record of Elfriede and her family.
I have spent hours nee days going through hand written ships manifests relating to sailings from Hamburg to England but have yet to find any thing relevant.
Anyway sorry for my ramblings.
Giving my sister her background/family tree is top of my bucket list so I have to keep plugging on.
'Time is the most valuable gift you can give anyone as it can never be recaptured'.
Thank you.
J Feona King
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jfeonak 8 Apr 2013 7:26PM GMT 
sstanger1 8 Apr 2013 9:28PM GMT 
jfeonak 9 Apr 2013 10:01AM GMT 
MikeMelen1961 9 Apr 2013 1:11AM GMT 
jfeonak 9 Apr 2013 12:08PM GMT 
Soospad 10 Apr 2013 2:13AM GMT 
jfeonak 10 Apr 2013 11:36AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions