Search for content in message boards

John Lloyd Mclaughlin/Leiber

Replies: 6

Re: John Lloyd Mclaughlin/Leiber

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 8:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Apr 2013 8:18PM GMT
Hello Feona,

I'm adopted too so know exactly what you're talking about. I found both of my birth parents (mom in 1983 and dad's family last year). When and where was your sister born?

I did a little searching and came across the obituary (see below) for John Lloyd McLaughlin's son from his first marriage, who lived in Victoria, BC. I live just outside of Victoria (and used to live in Vancouver) so took the liberty of calling Naila Reader, John Lloyd McLaughlin's daughter mentioned in the obit. I told her I was trying to locate Elfriede for relatives back in Europe and had found the obit and took a long shot. She was very gracious and said she didn't know what became of Elfriede after her dad died. She said John's sister might have known what Elfriede did during the first few months after John died but did not stay in touch with her after that. Unfortunately the sister passed away last year. So I'm afraid John's first family is of no help.

If John and Elfriede had had any children of their own Naida would have referred me to them as she was trying to be as helpful as possible.

Because of the circumstances of John's death there may be a newspaper article about it. I'll see if I can find anything. He did leave a will, #221769 - I'll try and find out if there's a way to get a copy.

I did a search of everyone named Elfriede who has died in BC up to 1991 but did not find a match. I also did a search of obits for BC newspapers, which goes back about 10 years, but not there either. So she may have moved away and/or may still be alive.

The house at the address on John's death certificate, 592 St Andrews Rd, West Vancouver, would have been extremely nice in 1979 - it's in an area called The British Properties. Most of the houses there were built in the 50's & 60's and when people buy them now they tear them down and build new ones (nice to be rich, lol). Anyway, the house sold about a year and a half ago. It would be interesting to find out who was living there when it sold and do a history of owners. I'll see if that's possible. Here's the listing:

http://www.thevlist.com/vlist/property_detail.php?code=&...

I'll keep you posted on anything else I'm able to find.

Cheers,

Soosi

MCLAUGHLIN, Kenneth Lloyd George The much loved son of Thelma Bytolan and the late John Lloyd McLaughlin, died suddenly in Victoria on November 16, 2005. Ken will be missed by his loving children Lisa Van Acker (Burt), John (Chris), Darren and grandchildren Victor, Amanda, Cory and Landon. Ken is survived by his sister Naida Reader (Peter), nephew Geoffrey (Karen), their children Chelsea and Latham and numerous cousins. Ken was a loving, caring man and touched many lives in his long struggle through life. He will be missed. A memorial service will be held on Friday, November 25, 2005 at 1:00 pm at McCall Bros, 1400 Vancouver St., Victoria, B.C. 178051 Published in the Victoria Times-Colonist on 11/23/2005.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jfeonak 8 Apr 2013 7:26PM GMT 
sstanger1 8 Apr 2013 9:28PM GMT 
jfeonak 9 Apr 2013 10:01AM GMT 
MikeMelen1961 9 Apr 2013 1:11AM GMT 
jfeonak 9 Apr 2013 12:08PM GMT 
Soospad 10 Apr 2013 2:13AM GMT 
jfeonak 10 Apr 2013 11:36AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions