John Lloyd Mclaughlin/Leiber

Replies: 6

Re: John Lloyd Mclaughlin/Leiber

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 6:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: John Lloyd Mclaughlin/Leiber
You are just so kind.
Thank you.
It is easy to forget that not everything is available on line. Living in Tennessee USA it's a little difficult to access info kept locally to an event.
I feel Elfriede - my adopted sister's mother - is like a wilo-the-wisp. I think I have found a piece of info & them woosh she's gone. I wonder if she and John had any children which would give my sister half-siblings. I know she was married to John at the time of his death as she is listed as his spouse, however I think he was married before and had a wife named Thelma who did not die until 2000. That being the case there would be divorce papers but they are within the BC family court papers which according to what I have read are confidential. Finding out when the divorce took place would give me an inkling regarding when John and Elfriede got married and whether children were a possibility. Elfriede was 39 when she arrived in Canada so time was not on her side.
I feel I need to stress that family meetings, reunions, are not the purpose of my quest. I want to give my sister her background as a gift. We are both adopted and when you are adopted you feel like a rootless tree. Just planted somewhere with nothing to hold you in place.
Anyway thank you for the time you have spent.
'Time is the most valuable thing you can give someone as it can never be recaptured.'
Feona King
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jfeonak 8 Apr 2013 7:26PM GMT 
sstanger1 8 Apr 2013 9:28PM GMT 
jfeonak 9 Apr 2013 10:01AM GMT 
MikeMelen1961 9 Apr 2013 1:11AM GMT 
jfeonak 9 Apr 2013 12:08PM GMT 
Soospad 10 Apr 2013 2:13AM GMT 
jfeonak 10 Apr 2013 11:36AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions