Search for content in message boards

Mary Louise(Williams)Thirlwell and Constance Marie(Thirlwell)Hamel

Replies: 5

Re: Mary Louise(Williams)Thirlwell and Constance Marie(Thirlwell)Hamel

Posted: 27 Apr 2013 7:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you Stella, This post is the topic I've been mulling over! It is always a little concerning when you a locate a descendant that you would like to share family history with in hopes they might become the might also want to participate. Many people are understandably concerned by someone contacting you from a family you didn't know existed claiming kinship and talking about families. Many never get over the belief you aren't after money even when you clearly state you aren't. Part of my interest is in hopes of inspiring some DNA confidential DNA testing for genealogy and I'm uncertain as to what the views are in Canada regarding this subject. I know many Canadian subscribers at Ancestry.ca are expressing interest in it but none of lines are even researching. If I make contact with living descendants do I risk offending the majority by bringing up at some point? I really appreciate any feedback you might have. Thank you, Dawn
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
EliseGnorga 27 Apr 2013 5:38PM GMT 
sstanger1 27 Apr 2013 9:23PM GMT 
EliseGnorga 27 Apr 2013 10:25PM GMT 
sstanger1 27 Apr 2013 10:53PM GMT 
EliseGnorga 29 Apr 2013 1:40AM GMT 
dedted29 28 Apr 2013 1:28AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions