Search for content in message boards

Murray - Brotherwood - Brotherhood

Replies: 8

Re: Murray - Brotherwood - Brotherhood

Posted: 25 Sep 2012 3:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Kate, my Murrays came from around Ayrshire, this is a link to my website where you can see most of them, its still a work in progress. Interesting that you have relatives in Fernie, My Murrays, orginally settled in Coal Creek. My G Grandfather John Murray is buried in St Margarets in Fernie. JOhn Murray and his wife Margaret (Maggie) had 3 Daughters and one son.
Kate the eldest was married to a Gordon Ross, and they stayed in Fernie. Elizabeth (Lizzie) married a Lee Good and moved to Whitefish, Montana. Christina married a Giovanni Baccile (No one in the entire family even knew she existed until I found her on a census !!!) I assumed she had died as a child as no one ever mentioned her, only to find she married and had a child, her husband died in Vancouver in a nursing home and his death cert states he was married? Her son also died in a nursing home and appeared to have been single. I cannot find any trace of what became of Christina.
The son, James (My Grandfather) returned to Scotland as a young man. He lived in Greenock near Glasgow.
John (G Grandfather) was one of 3 sons. David Murray his brother also moved to Fernie, and survived the great fire with his wife and 10 children, apparently they were ready to go back to Scotland when the fire struck, they then stayed and moved to Hillcrest. Not sure if you know the history of Hillcrest?? David Murray and 3 of his son's died iin the worst mining history in Canadian History. The other bbrother Robert returned to Scotland, and his descendants still live in around Ardrossan/Kilwinning/Stevenston area (locally known as the three towners.

I would be very interested to hear about your Janet, I know there was a Janet in David Murray's family but she died in childbirth and is buried in Hillcrest.

I hope I havent confused you too much.

I am still trying to find any information on what happened to my G Grandmother (Maggie), she married a Brotherwood after her first husband died, but I cannot find a marriage record or death record of her. (I presume it happened in Alberta.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Cheers

Marion
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
chloejane4 31 Dec 2010 8:54AM GMT 
sstanger1 31 Dec 2010 7:53PM GMT 
chloejane4 1 Jan 2011 1:32AM GMT 
sstanger1 1 Jan 2011 2:09AM GMT 
chloejane4 19 Mar 2011 12:55PM GMT 
chloejane4 9 Jan 2012 11:44AM GMT 
sstanger1 9 Jan 2012 7:27PM GMT 
kate_lowes 24 Sep 2012 6:24AM GMT