Search for content in message boards

Looking for Birth Father

Replies: 1

Looking for Birth Father

Posted: 25 Apr 2012 11:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Evanowich Johnston
My mother, Else Gail Johnston (nee Evanowich) was engaged to be married when she became pregnant. It is believed that the man she married (Eric Johnston - December 19, 1954) was not my father which is why he insisted I be put up for adoption. We believe the other man she was very serious about at the time is my father. I was born January 4, 1955, adopted February 14, 1955 and my mother then moved to Edmonton with her new husband. She had three other children with Eric Johnston - Randall, Darren and Colleen. She lived there until her death November 8, 1997 at the age of 63. At the time of her death, she had registered with the Post Adoption Registry in an attempt to find me. She did tell her daughter about me who resumed the search upon her death.

I also registered with the Post Adoption Registry and found my biological siblings in February 2000, just 3 years after my mother's death. At the time I learned that my mother, and a brother had both passed away within 2 months of each other. I have a sister, and another brother with whom I am in constant contact.

It is not known if my biological father knew about me or not. Or if he knew but told I was not his, thought my mother kept me when she married and moved to Edmonton.

I recently was provided with a photograph of the man my biological siblings believe is my father. We are able to make out the first name (Francesco), but cannot make out the surname. I have posted the picture below as well as the flip side of the photo with the note he penned to my mother to show his handwriting. We are frantically trying to find this man in the hope that he is still alive and receptive to a reunion so that I can finally know one of my biological parents. If still alive, I am guessing he would be in his 70's.
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
wendel48 26 Apr 2012 5:23AM GMT 
AudreySidor53 8 May 2012 11:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic